It’s the festive season, which means beautiful décor, lights, hot coco, and quality time getting the whole family together! But have you ever wished that you could involve your pet into the Christmas decorating? And we’re not talking about the way they play with the tree. Thanks to Modern Dog Magazine for sharing, these adorable paw print ornaments from Cornflower Blue Studio are a super easy DIY Christmas project for you and your pup!
- Mix 1/2 cup cornstarch and 1 cup baking soda in a saucepan. Slowly add 3/4 cup of water, while stirring.
- Place on a medium burner and stir constantly. Mixture will begin to thicken – make sure that you stirring to the bottom of the pot, picking up the thickened mixture that is down by the burner.
- Once it has come together as a doughy ball, remove it from the heat and let it sit until you can comfortably handle it. When it has cooled, knead it for a minute or so, until it is soft and pliable.
- Section into pieces, roll into balls, and press flat.
- Next, you will have to go to your dog and press his paw into the dough firmly and as evenly as possible. Use a toothpick to make a small hole for your string to go through at the top of the ornament.
- Finally, bake at 250 degree oven for 30 minutes on a tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- And, wa-la! Thread with festive string and hang on your tree!
Fun and super easy for the whole family.
Merry Christmas Dharma Dogs, and have a YAPPY New Year!